In Sterling Park, L.P. v. City of Palo Alto (“Sterling Park”), the California Supreme Court held on October 17, 2013 that local affordable housing requirements are “other exactions” that may be challenged using the protest provisions of the Mitigation Fee Act (Government Code Section 66000 et seq.). Download the PDF here.
Looking For Something?
- New State Housing Legislation
- Law Alert – California Court of Appeal Weighs in on Approval and Denial of Density Bonus Concessions
- Law Alert – SB 10 Provides a New Tool for Residential Upzoning
- Law Alert – SB 9 Mandates Ministerial Approval of Urban Lot Splits & Two-Unit Developments
- Margaret Jung to Speak at the ABA’s 2021 Fall Deep Dive on How to Protect Your Client and Minimize Tax Uncertainty