Jhaila R. Brown
Ms. Brown practices in the areas of real estate, affordable housing, land use, and municipal law. Ms. Brown represents clients in all phases of the development process, including property acquisition, entitlement and administrative approvals, fair housing compliance, negotiating real estate disputes, financing and management of affordable housing projects and programs.
Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Brown was a Deputy County Counsel for the County of Riverside where she represented the Economic Development Agency, Housing Authority and its nonprofit affiliates, the Successor Agency to the Redeployment Agency and the Aviation Division.
- B.A., University of California, Berkeley
- J.D., University of San Francisco School of Law
- Deputy County Counsel IV, County of Riverside, Office of County Counsel
- Deputy City Attorney, Green, de Bortnowsky & Quintanilla (Calabasas, CA)
- Associate, Kane, Ballmer & Berkman (Los Angeles, CA)
- Planning Commissioner, City of Monrovia (Monrovia, CA)
Professional and Volunteer Affiliations
- State Bar of California
- Housing and Development Law Institute
- County Counsels’ Association of California