Jeff Streiffer’s practice emphasizes commercial and real estate transactions, secured lending, cooperative law, affordable housing, and community economic development. He has represented nonprofit and for-profit developers and public agencies in low-income housing tax credit transactions in several states. Mr. Streiffer also advises clients on issues related to financial assistance programs administered by the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), including Rural Development’s Community Facilities program, housing programs under Sections 514, 515, 516, 521, and 538 of the Housing Act, programs for businesses and cooperatives, Water & Wastewater programs, and other funding mechanisms authorized under the various reauthorizations of the Farm Bill and related legislation.
Mr. Streiffer has worked on numerous transactions involving state and local governments, public and quasi- public agencies, nonprofits, cooperatives, homeowners associations, Native American tribes, tribal entities, and a variety of agencies of the federal government. In addition to closing deals, Mr. Streiffer has significant experience in servicing and workout situations, having practiced in the areas of alternative dispute resolution, administrative appeals, bankruptcy, and debtor-creditor relations.
In the cooperative realm, Mr. Streiffer has over 30 years of experience working with cooperatives and credit unions and has provided training and education for staff, board members, and their attorney counsel on strategic planning, governance, operations, compliance, supervisory, and audit issues.
- B.A. Honors, Phi Beta Kappa, Earlham College
- J.D., magna cum laude, Hamline-Mitchell School of Law
- Senior Counsel, USDA Office of the General Counsel, Pacific Regional Office
- Attorney Advisor, USDA Office of the General Counsel, Central Region, St. Paul Office
- Associate Attorney, Educational Credit Management Corporation
- Judicial Law Clerk, Minnesota Court of Appeals
Professional and Volunteer Affiliations
- State Bar of California
- State Bar of Minnesota
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- United States Supreme Court
- California Lawyers Association (Real Property Section; Business Law Section)
- American Bar Association (Forum on Affordable Housing and Community Development; Business Law Section; Real Property, Trusts, and Estates Section)