Amy DeVaudreuil practices in the areas of corporate, partnership, real estate and tax matters relating to affordable housing and tax credit syndications, as well as tax-exempt organizations. Ms. DeVaudreuil’s work encompasses Low-Income Housing Tax Credits, Historic Tax Credits, and New Markets Tax Credits. In addition, Ms. DeVaudreuil’s practice includes affordable housing and community economic development. Ms. DeVaudreuil represents a wide variety of nonprofit entities, public agencies, counties, cities and housing authorities in the development, financing and management of low-income housing. Ms. DeVaudreuil has extensive experience in the formation of nonprofit corporations and other entities, and the Federal and State tax exemption application process. Ms. DeVaudreuil also has particular expertise in the field of property tax exemption.
Ms. DeVaudreuil in her syndication practice advises clients on transactional structures using joint venture, limited partnership, and other pass-through vehicles. Her work also includes financial pro-forma analysis, advice on limited partnership creation and tax issues related to financing, issuing tax opinions to investors, and facilitating compliance with IRS tax requirements applicable to the syndication of tax credits.
- B. A., highest honors, University of Rhode Island. Phi Beta Kappa
- J.D., Boalt Hall School of Law, University of California, Berkeley
- Diversity Editor, California Law Review
Professional and Volunteer Affiliations
- State Bar of California, Real Property and Taxation Sections
- American Bar Association, Forum on Affordable Housing and Community Development Law
- San Diego Housing Federation, Education Committee